Report from Summer League: 7/14
“Today has been an eventful day of people watching horrible games of basketball” - More news from the Las Vegas Summer League!
- Our correspondents attended the Knicks-Raptors game this afternoon, but were unable to focus on the basketball action due to the presence of the Brothers Lopez in the stands. Joey admits that the game was actually pretty good, but watching Brook and Robin interact was far more compelling.
- OJ Mayo’s continuing struggles at point guard are good news for anyone who made Mike Conley, Jr. a keeper in your 54-team fantasy basketball league.
- “Flip Saunders is kissing John Wall’s ass so hard right now.” Apparently the Wizards are no longer Gilbert Arenas’ team.
- Highlight of the day: A guy in a vintage John Elway jersey and a gaudy Ed Hardy hat begged Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for an autograph.
- Someone met Brian Colangelo! He’s still psyched about getting rid of Hedo Turkoglu.