A brief list of weird shit that happened in the Brewers-Pirates game last night
- A broken bat flew into the stands and hit a kid in the head.
- Yovanni Gallardo had three RBIs.
- Greg Zaun failed to throw the ball back to the pitcher accurately three times in one inning.
- Later, Zaun committed catcher’s interference.
- No one noticed because he also went 4-for-4 with 3 runs, 5 RBI, and a walk.
- Zaun’s batting average went up 61 points.
- Jeff Suppan gave up a run in one inning of work, and his ERA only went up .03.
- Pirates starter Zach Duke batted eighth. I know Pittsburgh has been doing this all year, but it’s still bizarre.
- Carlos Gomez made two of the three outs in a five-run inning.